Monday, September 14, 2009

What a weekend!!!

Ended up being a VERY busy weekend in spite of the "minor" surgery I had on Friday morning. Saturday afternoon our grandsons - Chase and Connor - had a 5th/6th grade football game - and, of course, there was no way I was going to miss that - it was their first game. Unfortunately they lost :( But it was still fun watching them. Saturday evening we had our daughter's two - Cameron and Kendall - for a couple of hours. That about did me in for the day! But it was soooo much fun spending time with family - grandkids are the greatest!!!



Sunday I managed to get some jewelry pieces designed and put together. I decided to try a couple of "illusion" necklaces on sterling silver coated wire. They turned out very nice. The first one I did in pink with a pink ribbon bead for Breast Cancer Awareness.


This turned out pretty good so I decided to try another in Ohio Northern University colors. My BFF at work has a daughter going there.

Then I made this gorgeous bracelet with gold plated filigree beads and my left over turquoise beads. I love when I just throw beads together and they turn out looking nice! :) I think I'll call this one "Tropical Twilight"....
                                                 
This is the eyeglass holder necklace I created using an old hoop earring and wooden beads.
  
I finally got my price tags made. I used my Cricut cutter to cut them out of pink lightweight card stock. I printed clear labels with my shop name, web address, and email address and put them on the front of each tag and will put the price on the back. I tied white beading thread to the end to attach to each piece.
I ordered more beads today in hopes of getting several local school bracelets made before my first craft show in two weeks. I'm starting to get excited!!! Hope the weather cooperates!!
Post a Comment

Caty Ann's Creations - Distinctive Jewelry Designs's Fan Box