Saturday, September 25, 2010

Let the Show Begin!

The fall craft show season has officially begun! I participated in the Fall Craft Fair at the East Mulberry Street Gift Cottage in Bryan, OH where I live. Actually it was within walking distance of our house.

The craft fair was held in the garden behind this quaint little gift shop. The weather was nearly perfect with 60° temperatures and partly cloudy skies. It was a bit windier than I liked, but at least it didn't rain.
Here I am at my table waiting for customers. There was a good turnout of shoppers and I had good sales for such a small show. There were only five vendors and the gift shop was having open house and there were several other small shows throughout town today.

  
I had a new earring display that is going to work very well. My mother-in-law gave me an old picture frame that was sitting in the corner of her garage. I took it apart, put screen across the opening and a piece of white poster board on the back. It made a great earring display and looks even better when the earrings are taken off the cards. I have a couple more old frames and am going to make a different display for each price group of earrings that I make.


My mother-in-law was on my right selling crocheted and sewn items. LoveBug Creations was on my left selling cards, gift tags, gift bags and other paper items. Further down the garden was a lady selling Michigan and Ohio State University bird houses made from gourds that were really cute. Furthest back was Fred selling wooden items and bags made from recycled upholstery fabric.

Fun was had by all!


Post a Comment

Caty Ann's Creations - Distinctive Jewelry Designs's Fan Box