Monday, October 4, 2010

Surviving Togethter

Dana, Lisa, Kelly (front) Ruth, Sara, Cathy, Theresa, Karen, Karen, Denise (middle) Nicole, Sue, Donnadee, Lenelle, Amy, Judy and Rene (back)




This past weekend (October 1-3) 18 beautiful women spent a fun filled time of sharing and surviving together (along with several co-survivors).

 The fourth annual Breast Fest took place at the Potawatomi Inn in Pokagon State Park located on beautiful Lake James near Angola, IN.  


 Sue and Nicole always do a wonderful job planning this event and this year was no exception. Theresa received  the crown for traveling the farthest. I arrived late, so I'm not sure where Theresa is from, but I believe it is the Washington DC area since she is doing the Komen 3-Day there next weekend.

Theresa
Other states represented were Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin and I think Illinois.

There were 3 attendees who have reached the coveted "5 year cancer free" milestone in this journey.
Sue - Judy - Lisa  CONGRATULATIONS!!
 It was a blessing to reunite with those I met 2 years ago when I was there and to meet others who I only knew through Facebook. Sara is one I see frequently on FB and finally got to meet.

Cathy and Sara
 There was the traditional toast to all our "sisters" and a candlelight ceremony for those who couldn't be with us.


The afternoon was spent exchanging gifts (pink elephant style) and just sitting around visting and acting silly.

Ruth - Sue - Kelly
Lenelle - Nicole

That evening a nice buffet dinner was enjoyed by all.

Thanks to the "Alumni" for keeping this event going year after year.


I am already looking forward to next year!

LOVE YOU SISTERS!!


PS - thanks to Nicole and Judy - I stole a couple of your pics :)

Post a Comment

Caty Ann's Creations - Distinctive Jewelry Designs's Fan Box